Author Topic: More features in next update  (Read 4169 times)

Lars

• Administrator
More features in next update
« on: September 20, 2009, 11:28:18 PM »
I was planning to publish a update this weekend but I'm putting in some extra features that need some extra time. A nice thing with CadTools is that you can have multiple forms open, you don’t need to close them to use another command. To make this smoother I've added code to automatically refresh all surface commands if any included surface has been modified since loaded.

A typically scenario for this is: You are using the create longitudinal features command to target a surface and then edit the surface in the Edit Surface command CadTools will reload the surface next time you click the “Execute” button. (a message-box with yes, no and cancel options).

I use this command all the time, especially for ditch bottoms. First I create a 3D-polyline that represent the ditch bottom in plan, then I use “Table edit” to get the slope as I want. Finally I offset the line to both sides and then triangulate the lines and save them to file as DitchB. Then I use the “Create longitudinal features” to target the ditch surface, as a result I get a line representing the ditch bottom at exact location. After that I target the Existing ground to create the back slope.

Finally I use the “Transverse lines between 3D polylines” to do batter-ticks. (this can be done automatically in the “Longitudinal command” but I prefer to it when all is done)

With this update you can triangulate a couple of new lines and replace the surface file, when pressing “Execute” in the “Longitudinal command” CadTools will update the changed surface automatically.

/Lars
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 11:37:24 PM by Lars »

Kajanthan

More features in next update
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 10:44:39 AM »
Please Update 'Length Calculator' with line coordinates export to excel. and
Export text to excel with text coordinates.

Lars

• Administrator
Re: More features in next update
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 07:44:31 PM »
These functions are already in the software. Lines, Export to Excel and Text, Export to Excel

/Lars
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 08:05:50 AM by Lars »