Author Topic: Just to say Hello  (Read 5708 times)

BHashman

Just to say Hello
« on: June 20, 2009, 07:20:01 AM »
Hi Lars,

I checked back at just the right time to see you have set up a discussion forum.  I have been using and programming in simple machines forums for a few years longer than I have been using CadTools.  If you ever need some forum set-up help, drop me a line.

and thanks for CadTools - great little program for when I need to use it.

Lars

• Administrator
Re: Just to say Hello
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 09:44:11 AM »
Hi

Idon't know how this forum will work, I'm afraid that someone will hack it and it ends up with tons of spam.
If so your skill could be of greate value.
Hope you have seen the new features that's been added last couple of months.

BHashman

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 10:14:02 AM »
Hi Lars,
I read through the help file and saw some of the new features.  Looks great!  I don't do civil stuff full time but on the side for a volunteer engineering group.  For that group CadTools has been very helpful in reworking the site elevations so the cut/fill was more balanced.

It is hard to say if the Forum will get filled with spam and stuff?  It takes some moderation to check the content.  Simple machines has many add ons that you can apply to help you run the forum with little effort.  I will have to look up a few pick out some favorites. 

You can also set up forum boards that are visible to only a certain group of users.  That may be a good idea to set up a board that not all users see to talk about forum issues on a higher level.  do you know the steps for that?  Send me an email if you need some help.

BHashman

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 10:19:41 AM »
also, I hope you don't mind if I populate some data to start discussions amoung your users.  Sorry that the first few are not about CadTools.  I will post some of those too shortly.  I hope it is OK...

Lars

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 08:10:46 PM »
Hi
It's ok with me to talk about other things than CadTools. If you have any suggestions for add ons let me know.