Author Topic: Slope annotated to drawing.  (Read 3661 times)

Jam123

Slope annotated to drawing.
« on: March 25, 2015, 04:56:49 AM »
Hi. I can use the tool "distance with slope" on the miscellaneous toolbar, but If I try to do something similar in the slope mode on the slope toolbar it only seems to use the real distance i.e. the slope length to calculate the grade. Can anyone tell me which command to use and which radio button to toggle on in order to annotate a slope onto a landscape drawing.

Lars

• Administrator
Re: Slope annotated to drawing.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 07:34:56 AM »
Hi!

I assume you have some real 3D features in your DWG and want to annotate slope between two objects (In a plan).
You should use the radio button according to wanted value, in your case it should be slope.
Toggle the button Z of so it is on (you are snapping from and to real 3D objects with elevation). Toggle also of the last button in the second line if you dont want direction arrows.
Finally press the button with a arrow and the letter A (Annotate)

In the menu Settings you'll find settings for text height, prefix etc.

If you are planning to triangulate a surface you can easily annotate slope at any point on the surface.

Jam123

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 09:04:28 PM »
Hi Lars,
Greetings from New Zealand! Thank you for your response.
I am still having trouble with this command could you please have a look at the attached dwg.
The figures in Red are the grades I annotated, but the figures I would expect using the horizontal distance and the height difference should be over 50%.

Lars

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 07:28:57 AM »
You are right! There is something wrong in the calculation when having "Use Z" toggled on. In the code I used real length when it should be Horizontal. Thanks’ for making me aware of the error. There is an update available for download (Build 702) that corrects this behaviour.

/Lars