Author Topic: View Slope Vectors - opposite direction  (Read 1638 times)

Sounddriver

• Riesenberg-Media
View Slope Vectors - opposite direction
« on: October 29, 2021, 12:20:00 PM »
Hello Lars!

I noticed another little thing with the "View Slope Vectors" command.
If I set the factor for the vector to 0, everything works perfectly.
But if I change the factor to 1, for example, the arrows point in the opposite direction.

Furthermore, Christmas is coming soon and I thought I could make a wish  ;D
Would it be possible for you to program a rain catchment and water drop analysis?
Something like you can see in this video https://youtu.be/-pO5UgIbk9Q
View Slope Vectors is already similar.

That would make my work a lot easier and I would also donate something again.

Have a great weekend!
Many greetings from Germany.

Lars

• Administrator
Re: View Slope Vectors - opposite direction
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2021, 09:49:10 AM »
Hi,
Slope arrows pointing in wrong direction when using a factor is fixed in the latest download (Build 250)

Rain catchment? There are two tools for water, look in the menu (tools) of the Edit/View Surface form. Trickle All can be very slow on huge surfaces.

Text below is from helpfile

Trickle
This command traces the path of a drop of water down a selected surface. Note! The path ends when all surrounding triangles forms a pond no matter the size of the pond or when the path reach the surface boundary. When the path gets to the border of the surface, it stops even if the outer most triangle has a slope that would allow the drop to follow the rim of the surface.

Trickle All
This command does exactly the same as above but for a complete surface in one command. A drop of water falls on every triangle center and then CadTools calculates the path towards the lowest point. When all triangles has been evaluated CadTools sums all involved triangles planar area and annotates the area to every corresponding pond. Elevations of annotations are set to same as surface and can easily be exported to
Excel with CadTools command: Text, Export to Excel. The Trickle All command can be useful in the designing process of pipe dimensions.

Sounddriver

• Riesenberg-Media
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2021, 12:14:38 PM »
oh, I was not aware that these functions already exist. - I should have read the manual better ;-)

Is it possible to draw the boundaries of the summed triangles?
This way you would have the catchment area of the precipitation. (drainage basin)

Even if this is not possible, you still helped me.
Thank you!

« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 12:39:31 PM by Sounddriver »

Lars

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2021, 01:25:45 PM »
Hi,

I don't think that is possible. However you could try "Edit/View" Plot perimeter (Surface Boundaries), try to set "triangle Slope Min-Max" to 0,0001-1000. In that way only triangles with slope will be processed.

/Lars

Lars

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2021, 07:43:29 AM »
Hi,

I don't think that is possible. However you could try "Edit/View" Plot perimeter (Surface Boundaries), try to set "triangle Slope Min-Max" to 0,0001-1000. In that way only triangles with slope will be processed.

/Lars

I'm not sure my suggestion is correct, I need to look in the code how trickle is designed.