Author Topic: build 757/758, problem with duplicates during creating chain of 3D plines  (Read 459 times)

gugle

build 757/758, problem (zwcad2022):
I have problem when I create 3D plines from the lines. I change prepared the lines (no duplicated!) to 3Dpl. Then I join 3pl-s to one chain, because I need densify it. And then, it turns out that I have made the chain from duplicates (chain 3pl in the loop).
 The problem is probably during processing 3PL into a chain, because when I explode this chain to lines I get duplicates. What can be wrong with this procedure?
I use window to select the entities, when I select by single ent., chain is ok
« Last Edit: March 06, 2023, 01:37:31 PM by gugle »

Lars

• Administrator
Hi,

I'm not sure if I understand your question, I'll try to explain what I think.

You have single 2Dlines like a linestring, not connected with each other but having same start-and end coordinates (except first line first vertex an last line last vertex)?

Using "Join 3D Polylines" in CadTools is designed to join two 3DPolylines, nothing more. You can't select a window or a Crossing. You need to select a 3DPolyline and then join element one by one.

As an option you could export all line coordinates to Excel (Using CadTools "Lines, Export polyline Coordinates to Excel"). Remove duplicate vertices in Excel and finally paste the coordinates back into CadTools "Draw from Coordinates" (using Type: Polyline Vertex).

/Lars

gugle

1. yes. On start I use simple lines (3D-lines) - I prepare break lines (for ex edges ditch's bottom). I do it because 3d lines are not quick enough for me
2 Then I do export all lines to 3Dplines
3. 3d-plines join into the chain (selecting by window/crossing works!). But I had problem with bad chain (big mess with duplicates).
Now I've tried do it in the same way (lines3D to plines3D and join 3dpl to chain: I select one first and than all 3dplines by the window) and I got absolutely correct chain.
I will be observe this occurrence, maybe I do sth wrong..
Thank for your answer
Mala

Lars

• Administrator
Great that it works for you!

I was wrong about the Join function, shame on me forgetting how things work  :-[
Of course it works as you say and it's also described in the helpfile (below).

Join 3D polyline
<Commands>, <Lines>

Joins 3Dpolylines. The first line becomes the master line, lines selected after the first line inherits colors and layer properties.
All lines must have exactly the same coordinates (start point-endpoint) otherwise they will not be joined.