Author Topic: Unit (Metric to English)  (Read 4631 times)

eea123

Unit (Metric to English)
« on: January 31, 2016, 12:35:07 PM »
I'm running v1.1.702 of CadTools and have problems with changing the units in the Vehicle Turning Simulation.  The program defaults to metric dimensions and when I change the units to feet, the vehicle dimensions do not change.  The path is drawn in metric, but if I manually scale the various vehicle dimensions by 3.28 it is plotted correctly.

Everything on my install should be the standard default installation with straight AutoCAD, albeit v04.  I'm a fairly "old school" drafter, using a unitless drawing with one unit equal to one foot.  I know you've mentioned two user libraries, one metric and one English.  It looks like CadTools is independent of the CAD platform's unit settings, but maybe I should be embracing drawing units?

Thanks.

Lars

• Administrator
Re: Unit (Metric to English)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 11:29:34 PM »
Hi!
CadTools doesn't care about drawing units. If you are using mm all vehicle dimension should be in mm, If you are using feet all vehicle dimension needs to be in feet. In the installation there is two vehicle libraries, one for metric and one for imperial. If not you can download them from CadTools Download page.

/Lars