Author Topic: Decimal separator issue  (Read 5574 times)

Kenan

Decimal separator issue
« on: August 27, 2009, 09:26:11 AM »
Hello to everyone  ;D
I've been using CadTools for a long time, seems like I find new ways to use it every day, made my work so much faster and smarter, so ,thanks Lars.  8)

Ok back to my problem, every time i start Cadtools in one session it uses different decimal separator. Sometimes it's "." and other time it's ",". I use Bosnian regional settings, is this what's causing the problem?
Thanks in advance!

Lars

• Administrator
Re: Decimal separator issue
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 01:54:39 PM »
Thanks for that Kenan.

The decimal separator used in CadTools shuold bee same as your operating system. I do think AutoCASD allways use "." as decimalseparator so all inputs at the command line in AutoCAD should be that. So you could end up with a situation of two types of decimalseparators, one for input in Cadtools and one for Input in AutoCADs command line.

When starting CadTools you see a splash window that tells you what decimalseparator your system have. (use that when typing in values in CadTools)
If you save a surface on a computer with a different decimal separator and open it with another you will see a bad surface how to deal with this is described in the helpfaile under "Known problem".

I hope i've not missed your point on this, if so please inform me more precise of your problem.

/Lars

Kenan

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 09:37:19 AM »
Well, if it all works at your Pc ok it must be my system then.
One day Cadtools uses "," and next "." so it is confusing as it diplays anottation as 24 height instead 2,4 :D. I have regional settings Bosnian but my language is Croatian, due to problem Windows XP has with bosnian settings, so that must be problem here. Difference between 2 settings are separators, croatian uses "." and bosnian "," so i guess ill try to fix it there.
Thank for quick reply.

By the way I have an idea,how about a forum post where Cadtools users could post their new found ways to use Cadtools in every day work, I have found many ways to speed my work in road design that are not ih help file. :)

Lars

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 10:35:52 AM »
ok

Iv'e added a new forum category "Tips and tricks"