Author Topic: cross section drawing  (Read 4154 times)

YaqubMughal

cross section drawing
« on: October 17, 2009, 10:31:48 PM »
I have observe field data with level instrument for cross section. i want to plot cross section and calculate cut/fill  and make drawing of cross section. please brief me how can i  complete my job.

Lars

• Administrator
Re: cross section drawing
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 11:31:13 AM »
It depends on how your field data is organized, probably you already have a surface for the existing ground so you need to create a surface for the design (field data).

If the field data is organized as station and offset you could use "Draw from coordinates", "Block at station/Offset from polyline" to place a block in the drawing and then triangulate. If field data is in coordinate format you can plot them to the dwg as points and then triangulate. After triangulation you may delete unwanted triangles and then save triangles to file (Edit/View triangles)

Finally you create surface cross sections along the alignment (polyline) and plot them to the drawing. Calculating cut and fill can be done by surface volume or by first create areas in the cross-sections and then calculate volumes manually. (Lines, Cross-section area)

Hope this helps