Author Topic: loading program  (Read 3459 times)

toothless

loading program
« on: July 10, 2017, 02:21:24 AM »
Hi  I downloaded CADTools, apparently successfully, installed it, but when I open it in AC10 the cadtools menu doesnt seem tobe able to load properly, I,m getting the basic window with little blank squares and an error message - image list must be initialized before it can be used -   ??  Also there is some kind of trojan virus embedded in your USB version preventing me from using it.

Help please   Chris

Lars

• Administrator
Re: loading program
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 08:54:42 AM »
Hi,

Try to uninstall CadTools and download a new installation file and install it. The USB version might be detected as a Trojan by your virus software, I do believe this is a false alarm but I suggest you avoid to use it.

/Lars

toothless

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 07:34:42 AM »
Hi Lars

uninstalled, re downloaded, reinstalled, same message.   ImageList must be initialized before it can be used.   Is there a special routine for the first use of the installed program I am missing ? Do I need to download the update file as well ?

toothless

Lars

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 10:31:31 AM »
Hi,

It seems to something wrong with your installation. Probably some DLL not registered correct. The ImageList that contains all icons is used before it's in place. This error hasn't been reported before therefore I believe the problem is in your installation.

• Uninstall CadTools
  • Download the setup file to a folder
  • RightClick on the setup file and select "Run as administrator"
After installation, in the Start menu (Start button) select CadTools and right click and select "Properties". In the compatibility tab select the option "Run as Administrator"

Try to Start CadTools

/Lars