Author Topic: Import surface  (Read 2648 times)

Fermg

Import surface
« on: February 10, 2021, 12:41:33 PM »
Hi all,

I have a problem, when trying to export a surface already created with other software (MDT) the triangulation it does is very different from the one created. Create some very weird triangles.
In the triangulation I have normal lines with a "Z" at each end. To import, what I have done has been to transform all those lines into pol3d with cadtools. and then import all of them.

I leave the original triangulation in green and the blue one created by cadtools.

Excuse me for my english is very bad.

Lars

• Administrator
Re: Import surface
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 07:40:58 PM »
Hi,

To import a surface you only need to select triangles in the DWG and then import (in Edit/View form, Surface, Import). You don't need to convert to 3Dlines, just import. No need for triangulation.

Make sure you use the latest version

/Lars
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 07:33:25 AM by Lars »

Fermg

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 10:39:48 AM »
Hi,

I have tried to export the triangles that I have in the DWG as you say, (which is how I tried it other times) and it leaves me, it gives the error that I show you in the image.

And another question, in the longitudinal and transverse profiles, is there any way that at the singular points of the cut, a line and the elevation of that point go down? is that I have read the manual but I do not see that option. I leave an example in case I have expressed myself wrong.

The version is the ultimate 744

Thanks again for the software and for the prompt reply.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 10:42:54 AM by Fermg »

Lars

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 01:16:52 PM »
You can not import surface objects to CadTools. It must be triangles. From the other Software, plot surface triangles as 3Dface or 3Dpolylines in a DWG. Then import to CadTools.

If you use Surface Profile you can annotate minor intervals with elevation from major surface.

Fermg

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2021, 01:30:16 PM »
Hello and thank you very much for the answer.

I have already understood about exporting and thank you very much.

That you can change the minor and the major I have already seen, but the program can not only extract the profile at the cut points instead of every x meters?

I've seen something similar that it does when you want to take a table from a pol3d and mark each of the cutting vertices and give the dimension.

Lars

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2021, 03:07:14 PM »
Look at Lines, Annotate Cross Section (table)

Fermg

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2021, 07:00:18 PM »
Thanks again,

If the option of the table had already seen it, could it be implemented in future updates of the program that the dimensions appear at the cut points? and not only in the major and minor? would be great.

Again to thank you for the fantastic work with the program.

Many thanks